View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am

Nanook
Post  Post subject: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm
Inquisitor

Welcome to the Arminius tournament thread. Here are the tournament placings. Well done to everyone for making it such a great day. :D

1. Andy Robinson - Space Wolves
2. Matt Robertson - Grey Knights
3. Simeon Pollard - Guard
4. Andy Southern - Eldar
5. Adam Brandreth - Grey Knights
6. Richard Gillett - Blood Angels
7. Ste O'Neill - Tyranids
8. Chris Varney - Space Wolves
9. Martin Jeanes - Tyranids
10.Richard Woods - Grey Knights
11.Michael Jeanes - Chaos
12.James Clarke - Grey Knights
13.Pat Divers - Marines
14.Stu Corbett - Eldar
15.Pete Rees - Guard
16.Massimiliano Putignano - Guard
17.Chris Houlding - Necrons
18.Mike Barlow - Marines
19.Marc Harthern - Eldar
20.Chris Harthern - Tau

Best painted to: Pete Rees and his Vostroyan Guard
Best team to: Northern Warlords

Last edited by Nanook on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Nanook
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm
Inquisitor

Tournament FAQ answers

No grudges this time folks - maybe next time. :)

After several requests we are happy to announce that we will be putting the results forward to the rankings site so anyone who wants to get ranking points can do. :D

For this tournament we are following these rules:

1. Do you have to roll to hit with JAWS of the wolf? - YES, but only once to confirm the power hits the first model in the line. All other models are considered hit automatically after this

2. When does njal powers start from, ie the player turn or the game turn? - Powers begin from the player turn - this is noted on the main rulebook p9.

Mission specific rules:

[i]3. In mission 3 it say highest ranking HQ. Does this mean the highest points value? If it is the highest points value then does that mean that potentially my unit of warlocks would count instead of my farseer? -The highest ranking HQ is considered to be the highest costing model/unit that takes up an actual HQ slot. In the event of the highest ranking HQ having a retinue/command squad then the model which the retinue/command squad was purchased for is your highest ranking HQ. In the event of 2 identical HQs the controlling player nominates 1 before the game starts.

4. Also in mission 3. For killing the character what happens if he runs off the board after taking a morale check. e.g mepheston loses combat and runs off the board - If they run off the board from shooting then you score as if you killed them from shooting. If they run off the board after failing a morale check from a combat then you score as if you had killed them in combat.

5. In mission 3 what happens if the HQ unit is hit with a Death or Glory attack or even Tank Shocked? What do you get if they lose? Does this count as shooting, assault or neither?
- This counts as an assault on the HQ unit and should they fail i.e. they run off the board or are killed you score as if you had killed them in combat

6.Third mission (nobody laugh) - how many times does my necron lord have to die to count? , played a game, blood angels dread, close combat killed the lord... Lord stood back up and carried on walking, admittedly Dante got particle whipped (twice = dead) which was amusingly ironic but does he need to be dead at the end of the game to count? - If the model is dead at the end of the game then he counts as dead for scoring purposes.

7. If at the end of the game the character is fleeing is this classed the same as if he fled off the board? Yes

Last edited by Nanook on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Peteb
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.09.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm
Captain

Hey Rob. Any more info available? And the rules link is missing. and the 26th is a monday?

Nanook
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:18 pm
Inquisitor

Ooops. Working on that link now. :?

Ahhh. All sorted - you guys were just to quick!

Last edited by Nanook on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peteb
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Captain

Hmmm. should have the eldar finished by then. But sadly not 2000pts worth. That's me out then :cry:

Last edited by Peteb on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nath
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 pm
Site Admin

im reading the 26th as a saturday, if that is the case i can probably attend this one (either play or help out)

Peteb
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:49 pm
Captain

when the thread was first started the date was 26.09.2011. Week on monday. Was changed dead quick soon after :)

varnster
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm
Triarius

sounds good rob, being a saturday though i will most likely be working.

Have we advertised on the TWF?

Nanook
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:29 pm
Inquisitor

Yes we've advertised all over. Shame you can't make it - would have loved it if you'd been able to play. Hope you can work something out so you still can!

varnster
Post  Post subject: Re: 40K Arminius Tournament 26.11.11  |  Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm
Triarius

excellent rob lets hope we sell all the tickets then

Good news i've worked out my day off for that week and it's saturday :D what were the chance's of that.

1 ticket please